It is officially the best time of the year! Halloween is fast approaching and there is no better way to get in the mood than watching some horror. As a lover of all things scary and anime I thought I would compile a list of some horror themed anime to help you get in the mood. Friendly warning that these suggestions do have themes that are related to things meant to scare and disturb so watch accordingly. Please remember to take care of your mental health as you prepare for this season of frightful fun.
Now without further warnings here are five anime to watch to get in the mood for a scariest/best night of the year!
- Otherside Picnic-There is a whole other world out there. It is beautiful but also full of terrors. Two university students have been crossing over for different reasons. After meeting and surviving an attack they agree to go travel together. Little do they know what adventures they are about to embark on in this truly creepy anime.
- Soul Eater– This anime is a perfect blend. It takes elements of horror while keeping it silly at just the right times. What is the worth of a human soul really? What lengths would you go to in order to protect one? This question leads to an anime full of twists, turns and a great theme song.
- Witch Hunter Robin– In a society where witches are a threat how does a young woman with powers find a place for herself? If you like early 2000s horror and goth culture then this is an anime for you. Witch Hunter Robin has a little bit of everything. Great animation sequences for magic. A group of witch hunters who end up with a soft spot for their magic user, even if she is having trouble keeping herself out of trouble.
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba– Looking for an anime about the bonds that make a family, found and blood? Then I give you Demon Slayer. Get some tissues and get ready for some astonishing animation. A brother and sister are the only members of their family alive after a demon attack, however there are lasting consequences that they must face. This leads them on a journey that will move and scare viewers.
- Black Butler– The void left after the death of a parent is huge. However when the death is suspicious and you are the very young heir to your family estate what can you do to protect yourself? Acquire one hell of a butler of course. Black Butler is a beautiful anime that just so happens to fully embrace gothic horror. With a great storyline and a Victorian setting how could you go wrong with this anime?
Well we did it! And just in time too, as the witching hour fast approaches. Did I miss your favorite horror anime? Let me know in the comments below. Also if you would like to see more in depth reviews of these anime check out my articles here. I hope you enjoy these suggestions.
Have a very happy Halloween, friends.
ALWAYS KEEP SPARKLING!!!