Hey! Kat here, and I’m taking the Real Women of Gaming Questionnaire. Here we go!
So where does your Gamertag/Alias come from?
– There are many stories about my gamer tag, and they are all true. I sometimes felt like an alien in many of the spaces I found myself in. A Martian. And my nickname is Kat
What was the first game you were passionate about?
– Contra! My brother and I played that game a lot when I was young. I still enjoy playing that one.
What was your first console?
– My first actual console was an NES. My brother had gotten one for Christmas, and he and I spent a lot of time playing games.
What is/are the game(s) that got you into gaming?
– Contra, Legend of Kage, Double Dragon
When & Why did you fall in love with gaming?
– I was a kid when I got into playing games. Going to arcades, and sharing the games with my brothers made me fall in love with it.
If you had a superpower, which would it be?
– If I had a superpower, it would be telekinesis.
What is an interest of yours outside of gaming?
– I enjoy taking road trips, hanging out with my cat, reading cheesy romance novels, and writing fan fiction.
What is something you love that not everyone knows?
– I love musicals!
What’s a video/tabletop game that you would recommend to people who don’t play?
– If someone loves video games with a good story I always recommend Bioshock. For Tabletop I recommend playing Savage Worlds. It’s fast-paced, and flexible in terms of the genres that can be played within it.
You are stuck in a board game/video game/ttrpg. Which is it and why?
– The Sims. I’d have an unlimited closet, and with the right cheats, I wouldn’t age and could be rich.
Who/What inspires you?
My husband. He inspired me to pursue content creation as a hobby.
Where can we find you outside of RWoG?