Podcasts are huge right now. If you are unfamiliar with what a podcast is they are almost like the radio shows prior where the hosts produce content on whatever topic the podcast specializes in. For as many topics that podcasts cover there are just as many different podcasters. Whether you want advice, fitness, true crime or even one about aliens there is a podcast for you. Podcasts can be found wherever you stream music. Here, without further adieu, are ten of my favorite podcasts!
- My Favorite Murder– My Favorite Murder is a true crime and comedy podcast. Together Karen and Georgia look at different true crime cases. They bring laughter and a fresh look at a grisly topic. They also have given those interested by true crime a community to belong to and laud the importance of taking care of your mental health. They have their own network where they have been able to help others start their own podcasts.
- Supernatural with Ashley Flowers– Ashley Flowers is no stranger to podcasts. She has another successful podcast but this is my favorite. In her typical journalistic approach Ashley discusses stories that, well, just don’t make sense. This podcast covers true crime, supernatural stories and conspiracy theories. The episodes are a perfect length and listeners are sure to find something they will enjoy.
- Welcome to Nightvale– Welcome to Nightvale is a podcast that tells the story of a local radio host and his interesting home. The small town of Nightvale is, in many ways, like many small towns but there are so many ways that it is not. There is a dog park that you cannot go into because of the hooded figures and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Through it all Cecil Palmer, beloved radio host, will guide you through each story. So tune in and enjoy. Oh and all hail the glow cloud.
- Radio Rental– An odd video rental store is the setting for this podcast. The clerk sounds oddly familiar. He tells you that he has special tapes that must be viewed in the store. They are stories of different odd and sometimes scary things. The really scary part is that they are true, and told by those who lived them.
- Murder Squad– Billy Jensen and Paul Holes work together as they review evidence from different true crimes cases. Both men have their own set of skills in relation to true crime. This podcast will give the listener an interesting take on these cases. If you are looking for a true crimes show with the folks who have worked behind the scenes this is one to listen to.
- Missing and Murdered– The CBC gives us this amazing podcast. Connie Walker received a tip about a missing Indigenous woman. Instead of brushing it off Connie used that as a starting point to ask those closest to the missing woman about what happened the night she went missing. Each season is the story of a different woman who is has been not yet received justice. These stories are incredibly important as far too many Indigenous women go missing and are murdered without any coverage.
- Podcast Stardust– Dennis and Jay are the hosts of this popular fandom podcast. Fans of Star Wars should really consider adding this to their listening rotation. The hosts have been fans for of Star Wars for years and have a lot of great opinions. One of the best parts is that the discourse isn’t limited to just the movies. They will also discuss the various cartons and The Mandalorian. The Force is strong with this podcast.
- Here’s What You Do– We all need advice from time to time. The boys from Watcher Entertainment started a podcast to help dish some out. After Ryan, Shane and Stephen created their own entertainment company they received a lot of questions from fans. As each of them have very different views on how to handle situations it is always interesting to listen to. Here’s What You Do is also a far more lighthearted, sometimes silly, podcast with lots of advice.
- Full Body Chills– Ashley Flowers makes the list for a second time with this story driven podcast. In anticipation of Halloween Ashley compiled a series of creepy stories. These stories are sure to give the listener chills. They run the gauntlet from ghost stories to stories of escaping from danger. I don’t want to gush too much or spoil anything but some of these really creeped me out. So, if looking for a good scare then this is a podcast you should try.
- Faerie– What if Faeries were real? What if their existence was being kept a secret by an unknown government office? Would you believe? This podcast tells the story of a radio journalist who saves a man’s life and is then pulled into an investigation of Fairies. This darker look at the world of the Fey is a great choice if you are looking for an interesting story.
I clearly have trends of what I like to listen to. Hopefully you have found a podcast in this list to give a shot. Happy listening and let me know if you have a podcast you think I would like in the comments below.
ALWAYS KEEP SPARKLING!!!