Guest Post By: MaxUrso
1. Your first controller had one button or a paddle. Mine was the Atari 2600. Breakout and Kaboom used this little gem here.
2. Your first wireless controller had a long rubber antenna and a 9-volt battery. Again the Atari was the bomb back in my youth. This guy was heavy though. I swear my brother and I would fight with these, whipping each other.
3. Technical support for a video game used to involve blowing air into a cartridge. I did this a lot with my Nintendo. Must’ve been more common than I thought. We also cleaned the heads with q-tips and alcohol.
4. You wish rule books came in larger print. If I could shove my head any closer to the book these days, I’d be in them. I think there might be a market for Senior Gaming Devices and such in the future. Or at least a discount at Game Stop.
5. Large dice are not a novelty but more of a necessity. It’s either larger dice, or I have to pick them up to read them. There are times I’d rather use my dice roller app then lean forward to the table to roll. Yup, I’m THAT old.
6. You know one or two good RP stories and your friends have heard them at least 5 times. I know I keep repeating myself, but it’s the only story I can recall, dagnabit!
7. Your “all-nighters” rarely go past midnight these days. I’m in bed by 8pm these days due to work. I haven’t been up all night in ages.
8. You’ve been caught “resting your eyes” while waiting for your turn. I’m not there yet, but I’m sure it’s coming soon.
9. Turn-based games are more your speed now. Civ V is great for this.
10. Finally, the crotchety old NPC is using your normal voice. I’m not that old am I?
There were a few more I thought to add to this list, but then it wouldn’t be a Top 10 anymore, plus I’m too old to be looking up images into the wee hours of the night.
Now Get Off Of My LAWN!