It is no secret that I, Thia the Bard, love anime. Some of my articles are actually anime reviews. It is one of my favorite genres to watch. I have been a fan since I was in middle school. I have made many lifelong friends through a shared love of anime. Here are some recommendations and beloved anime of mine!
- Gundam Wing: This is an older anime. I used to watch this with friends in high school. A group of teenage mech pilots are pawns in an intergalactic war. However even in war everything is not as clear cut as it seems. How can they get the peaceful future they deserve when the rules keep evolving?
- Sailor Moon: My introduction to the genre happened before school with Sailor Moon. I know there are many legitimate concerns about the first animated series for this title but it will always be special to me. The reboot is absolutely gorgeous and closer to the manga. Thirteen year old Usagi is just a normal girl. That is until she meets a talking cat, is tasked to become a magic girl and save the world!
- My Hero Academia: This story has taken fans by storm. It is one of my comfort anime that I re-watch. Young Izuku wants to be a hero. He is growing up in a world where a certain percentage of the world have quirks, or powers. However Izuku is in the minority and does not have a quirk, so how will he be able to make his dream come true without one?
- Damon Slayer: A new anime that fans have fallen in love with. This is a very special show to me as it centers around a brother and sister. The story is fantastic and the bond between the siblings makes me think of my younger brother and how anime has helped us bond. Tanjiro is the oldest son of his family and has taken on many responsibilities after the death of his father. Everything changes when his family is attacked by demons.
- Howl’s Moving Castle: One of my all time favorite movies! This movie checks all of my boxes. Sophie works hard in her family’s hat shop. The outside world is a mess of wizards and war. In the safety of her workroom Sophie never dreams that she will be a part of that outside world, until some chance encounters force her.
There you have it, friends. A list of some of my favorite anime. I hope that you will find something you want to watch here. Also if you want to see more in depth reviews of any of the titles on this list please check my articles. If there is a favorite anime of yours that you think I would like please comment below! I love recommendations.
ALWAYS KEEP SPARKLING!